Walker Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mbenz, Aug 16, 2004.

1. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Will some one tell me what the icon on the top left hour-meater means? It is flashing and cant figure out what it may mean.

And what setting on your deck do you guys use the most? This is as low as I can go without scalping the grass, I was wanting to cut one yard one setting shorter but had to stop due to the grass being all brown cutting the green tops off, any help would be appreciated.

o1.jpg

2. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Deck setting what is the best setting?

3. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I will try again sorry,

o2.jpg

4. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

You need to do your five hour break-in oil change......

The height you are currently at could be higher-

5. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I set the deck on what you have it set on in the pic, the blinky thing i think is an hourglass. Also what type of grass you trying to cut low? B/C bent grass right now is going to have a brown look to it when you cut it shorter.

6. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

I believe the hourglass blinks constantly, at least it does on mine... When the hour is flashing and saying "lube" or " oil " that is when you do your greasing of the mower and change the oil.

7. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I cut one place two notches lower at 1.5" but all the rest are at the heigh that you are showing, 2.5".

8. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The hour meter blinks to show it is running. The meter DOES NOT run off the battery. It runs off a built in battery and will display the hours even if you turn off the machine and disconnect the mower battery. The icon is just to show it is working, nothing more. And as myoder says the words "lube" or "oil" flash it is just a remember to do so. And NO there is no reset to stop it from flashing "lube" or "oil". It will stop on its own after a few hours of run time if you do or do not lube or change oil. As for deck height it all depends on what you are cutting and how you are cutting. A LCO could answer that one for you. Have fun with your new Walker.

9. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Fixer67 have you ever put a electric dump on a Walker mower and how much would it cost. I will not take my mower back to the people who sold it to me don't trust them.

10. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

broken leg> No I have not and I do not know the cost. From what I have been told the electric dump (unless it has been changed) does not have a limit switch on it and the LCO that had them had workers that did not know when to let off the switch and would strip out the jackscrew motor. I have seen them at tradeshows and they look nice. They open the door , dump and close the door. From what I have seen it does not look like too big of a deal to put one on. Sorry I could not help more.