walker repaint

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomo, Jul 27, 2007.

1. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, i am repainting the my walkers ,question .

Does any body know the paint codes for the chassis grey colour and the body work yellow???
    Before anybody asks yes the old paint is trashed and trying to match to it would be a waste of time and effort .

thanks
    tomo:waving:

2. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

I did this with a rusted out Scag I found. You can always find a small area of paint that has been shaded or protected and use that to match.

I used one of the pulley arms off the deck- once I washed the dirt, dust, and grease off the paint was perfect.

I know that's not what you wanted but it's what I did. Side by side with a new Scag- mine looks 99% like the new one.

3. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

We buy it in 12oz. cans from the dealer... but it is like $15 a can. PN: 5866 is the yellow... we've never bought the grey color. I checked all over the can for any paint codes or anything but it doesn't show anything extra. Maybe worse come to worse you could buy one can and then use it to get a scan from the paint store.

4. cleby757

cleby757 LawnSite Member

If you contact your local Walker Mower dealer, they have access to the dupont paint and sheboygan reducer part numbers for both the yellow and grey paint.

Walker Manufacturing has listed these on their dealer website for reference.

Have a great day.

5. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you disassemble the mower first or just mask it off?
    Thanks.

6. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I'd try and call Walker Mfg. directly. Their number is 9702215614. They've got excellent customer support.
    -Sincerely
    Bob Walker:laugh:

7. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, thanks to everyone who responded . I ended up ringing customer service at walker

yellow --dupont acyrilic enamel 421ah
    grey -- dupont Industrial grey enamel p365ax

tomo:waving: