1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker RH Hydro Not working

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by iwanttractors, Apr 28, 2008.

1. iwanttractors

iwanttractors LawnSite Member

I have a walker and greased everything up and everything worked fine. But now the right hand hydro doesnt want to work. Maybe a bad pump but am wondering if there is anything else I could look at first.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Walker hydros don't just quit working, they start slipping first. Check your hydro dump lever, belt tennisoner, jack shaft tennisoner spring. You must have hit something when greasing the unit to have it stop working.

3. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I recently had a similar thing happen and the key between the wheel hub and the hydro sheared. The hydro was turning the shaft, but it was spinning inside the wheel hub. This is not likely the problem, but it could be. This is not very common according to my mechanic.

4. Lawdog302

Lawdog302 LawnSite Member

Check the spring and the belt. The first sign of one of these failing is the right hydro as the belt only contacts 1/2 of the pulley vs. almost all of the left pulley.