Walker riders

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by jceh1, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jceh1

jceh1 LawnSite Member

Anyone have a walker mower (ride-on)? Saw one today and it looked really interesting. I imagine they are quite expensive?

2. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have one with 150 hours. Thinking of selling it for a Hustler because I have had problems with it. But it does suck a good job all year, I am not sure about getting rid of it.

3. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 26 hp EFI model and haven't had any trouble with it. It does a great job, clean professional looking job, but you're right - they aren't cheap.

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I paid $10,500 for mine new.

GREAT mower.

Zero problems so far.

5. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

I think I am the only one that had problems with Walker, new engine at 100 hours, not covered by warranty, then new Hydro at 130 hours, but they covered the Hydro. I just got it back from the service dept. yesterday. I am excited to use it again. But still need to decide if I should keep it or get rid of it. Wish I had a side discharge deck for it in the summer months.

6. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

Hay Critical Care,

Do you know of any good used Walker for sale in the area. I really want to get one but still not sure about dropping the cash on a brand new walker. I been talking with Arron at workensport but I just cant bring my self to do it yet. I had some bids out for several big jobs that I would have really needed a walker on but someone low balled me big time, not even sure how they can do the jobs with out losing money. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Dustin
    Exclusive Landscape Maintenance

7. Critical Care

Dustin, I got my Walker from Workensports, but at first they were too high on their quotes compared to other places over in the valley. One guy there worked with me and finally gave me a better deal than what I could get elsewhere - I was surprised.

They had a used Walker there last season, I think 150 hours on it, but were asking too much. Can't think of anyone else with one for sale...

8. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

If anyone wants a great mower that will do anything from hills, to tight places, to open fields...get a Walker! :cool2: I have the 25hp model and love it I can't say enough good things about them! Oha ya, I got mine used with 700hrs on it. $4000, great deal. :D Check out Ebay, but be sure that the person you buy it from has 98-100% positive feedback. If you don't, you may get riped off! Great money makers! payup

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why didn't they cover the engine

10. Critical Care

Walker/Remax, let me guess that your dad works for Walker there in Walkerville, Colorado. At any rate, living where you do may bias your opinion - though my machine has been great to me.

These mowers aren't for everyone, and will not shine under some conditions, but for what I'm doing it's the cat's meow.

Push broom, John Gamba? Does that take unleaded gas?