1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Riding Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Arkansas1, Dec 2, 2003.

How well do Walker riding mowers perform

1. What is are there maintenance requirements

4 vote(s)
  2. How long do they last

3 vote(s)
  3. Do they really increase productivity

4 vote(s)
  4. How often are they in the shop

2 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Arkansas1

Arkansas1 LawnSite Member

I live in Arkansas and maintain mostly Bermuda and Zyosia Grass. I currently run Snapper walk behinds but need bagging capabilities and a true floating deck. I demoed a 48in Walker and loved it but am wanting some feed back from the guys who have used them and not just someone selling them.
  2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

this has been beat to death, do a search on Walker Mowers. You will still be reading this time tomorrow..

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Your poll makes no sense at all...lol. Most Walker owners love them....for one reason.....they're needed for their application. They are much more compact than most mowers that bag and they move slow....keep this in mind when purchasing one.

Anotherwards, if your lawns are small and you need to bag, then the Walker might be for you. Do what Blades of Steel suggested and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.
  4. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

Hello neighbor, I run Walker Mowers, they have prob. the best cut of any mower I have ran, If you have lawns to be bagged they are set up great, but one thing is they are slow and dont really hold a hill good at all, I ran all terrian tires on one before and it worked good but had to really be careful on lawns not to turn to quick they will tears the grass, but over all they are not the perfect mower but are great for what they are built for...

5. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the Toro 355Z and the Scag Cougar. Both have gotten very good reviews on this site. If they sell them in your area, they wuld be worth looking at.
  6. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

need to get yourself one of these,

7. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

walker all the way best machine ever!!!!
  8. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I read TonyR's previous post comparing the Walker and Toro. It does'nt get much better than a comparison from someone who owns both. I'd look hard at the toro.
  9. cutting crew

cutting crew LawnSite Member

Walkers are expensive, but well worth it. The guys actually have energy at the end of the day(I guess you could sit on a cheaper machine!)I see all these companies with only walk behinds and think to myself "How do these guys do that all day!" They are also bulletproof. I just put a new motor in my 94' unit after putting 3100 hrs. on it! We have had NO problems with any of the Walkers other systems (ie. hydro pumps, grass handling system, etc.) These are the original zero turn mowers and lead the pack if you ask me!
  10. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Got to agree with cutting crew, we love our walkers up here.