Walker saves me $$$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nosparkplugs, Feb 23, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Well I have logged a season on the new 06 Walker MT20 42" GHS Oversized low profile drive tires, 9.5 bushel Hopper. For the Midmount fans, I once was among you NO MORE, I sold a Scag Tiger Cub 20hp Kohler 48" Velocity mulching deck last year, went BACK to bagging. Why? the Walker Mower, Fits in those gated yards other bulky baggers won't ie: compact size is truely amazing, no tubes or bags to get hung up. I have let go one seasonal employee Walker replaced that person, have not used my Billy goat debris loader since, Walker replaced it, reduced blowing: sidewalks, driveways, less picking up debris on commercial property/ mulching shreaded it. More efficent all while bagging, the same property I was mulching last season. Customers/business owners just love the fine manicured look the Walker leaves I get remarks like: wow the yard has never looked this good before.

For those who have not considered the Walker and are purchasing a new ZTR Why not?, personally I waited too long, they are not rough mowers with the GHS deck need a SD deck, the GHS did help out in large rough areas when possible just opened the hopper door, however Walker Mowers more than make up in all other areas of use. Steering is awesome two (fingers) not arms, cruise control the other hand, 8hrs a day, and no fatigue operating, well built machines, we still are fighting over who operates it each day.

Will be purchasing my second Walker this year at some point either the MT 26 EFI or MD 20.6hp Kubota Diesel with 60" SD deck,

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Cpngratulations, it sounds like you've become a Walker man !!

3. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Great. :)
    But I wouldn't bag on a bet.

4. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Im going to purchase a walker here in RI, I am going to get the 26hpefi 48inch GHS model 12k with tax. What do you think of that, should I try to negotiate down the price, he is the only dealer within 20 or so miles. the others are farther away, he seems to be the most logical choice. From what I hear Walker doesnt have any specials or anything or give discounts. Only advantage is lower interest financing.

5. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

x 2.............

6. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

12k sounds fair for the MT26EFI the 26hp EFI Kohler powerplant is about 2K option = EFI 5-10% in fuel savings based on 1500hrs a year vs higher cost of Diesel 50% in fuel over extended life of diesel 5,500hrs life total, also if possible get the optional 9.5bushel hopper, and oversized low profile drive tires. The large 9.5B hopper will greatly increase the time between dumping the hopper. The low profile oversize drive tires increase the "float" on soft or wet turf. I almost spent 12k for my MT20 with those options & 42" GHS deck. You cannot get the 48" through most single gates IMO the 42" will make you more$$$$$. 4" is not worth the yards I lost with my 48" Velocity deck, Scag Tiger Cub 20hp Kohler powerplant. Just a thought?

Walker MD 20.9hp 3 cylinder Kubota Diesel 42"GHS & 60" SD deck is $17,150 my next mower

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have to agree with you 110%. I purchased my Walker Feb 07 and love it. Yes I will tell people it runs slower than the mid-mounts, but finish times are faster. I use mine alot for commercial accounts. I used to spend alot of time picking up cig butts, straw papers, napkins and all sorts of trash. Now I egde first then blow refuse into the turf and mow. WOW no more trash. I still use my mid-mounts on large ruff properties for now, but I have a feeling the Super-B's will be taking this over in a couple of years.

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you do bagging that is one of the most appropriate mowers could be faster.:waving:

10. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i now love my walker 2006 mt-20 with big blower, 9.5 hopper, 42"ghs deck and hi speed kit also i bought high dump well worth the cost! 2007 bought a 48" sd deck