Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Mowman, Dec 22, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you Walker owners out there using the snowblower on your machines? If so how does the single-stage blower work? Is it worth the money? Do you have problems with the Hydro's in low temps. Now I'm using a 2 stage 24" WB. Just looking for something a little more productive for residential drives and walks. Thanks for your input.
  2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have the single stage blower for my Walker. I only use it to play with in my laneway. It works good for light fluffy snow but not for any wet heavy stuff. I took an old set of tires and put 1/4" stove bolts from the inside outfor traction. It worked good but would tear up paved driveways. My opinion is that they are too light for serious snow removal. I'm not using it at all this year, I'm sticking with my walk behind and a neighbour's 100 hp Ford for the heavy stuff.
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Walker blowers are nice for light snow, the blade works very well. You do need to put chains and weight in back and they work really good. But for walks dont get those big snowblowers! We run Toro 521 snowblowers at our condos and nursing homes we maintain, they are light weight and can pull back with 1 hand I wouldnt get anything over a 22" with a 5hp motor then they get real heavy! After our change from 8 to 10 hp blowers to 5hp i will never go back. If the walker blower is used and good price get it otherwise you can get a couple of light weight bloers at the same cost as a new Walker blower.
  4. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Well I have been blowing with a walker single stage for 6 years now.What would you like to know??????I do think they are built a little to light.We have to rebuild them about every 2 years.Don't get me wrong.Nothing is as fast when it comes to that size of blower.But yes there are draw backs.Any questions just ask!