Walker Speed Up Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aaron Marshall, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

Hey everyone-
    Last week I posted a thread about the walker speed-up kit, and I was responded with "don't do it." Well, all the horror stories that were written made me switch back to the stock pulley until I could contact my dealer about it. I called them yesterday and I was told that the new walkers already have a speed up kit in them, on the engine pulley. But I was told that the speed up kit I ordered was the correct one for a new walker, and It would not burn out my pumps, and would still be covered by warrenty. So I put the pulley back on and off I go. Hope this gives a little help to walker owners!

P.s. I don't want any replys to this thread about how the walker is still too slow and to just buy a mid mount z, I love my walker and am very happy with it, thank you very much.:mad:
  2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I would never take my speed up kit off!
    it's been on 1500 hours so far no problems.
    As far as the hoppers, I saw the pictures too, but I don't need them.
    I like the chipper and deck adjustment gizmos though... something for the next one!
  3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the speed up kit, and love my walkers too :)
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I told you the same thing Aaron but its good that you contacted Jerry and he set you straight.

As was said above, I wouldn't take the kit off of my machine. Have fun at Point!
  5. tonym10

tonym10 LawnSite Member
    from pa

Can I use a speed up kit on my 98 Model C 16hp Walker?
  6. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member