1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MANICURED LAWNS, Jul 10, 2007.

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice neighborhood too.
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Look really great. Of course you had to post this RIGHT NOW, while I am sitting here thinking about how bad I want a Walker:laugh: :laugh:
  4. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

looking good. How long ago where those pics taken? I could show you some pics of our walker's stripes, but they are from about 4 weeks ago in what was left of some browned out grass since it hasn't rained here since May.:cry:

haha if you have nice yards and somewhere to dump clippings go for it....bought mine last july best money making piece of equipment I have. I went with the 31 hp Liquid cooled fuel injection model...lil overkill but oh well. Trying to keep it all irrigated lawns I hate dust my company name weeds out the junk yards. Highly recommend Walker go for it.

Most of them were from May I believe, grass is much greener now...no rain but lots of water and lawn treatments every month or so....ill post more pics on the site next week
  7. Quiky One

Quiky One LawnSite Member

Is the walker hard to learn? I would think it would be with the lever for speed and then the levers for turning.
  8. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Quiky it is like anything else it takes some practice of using the speed control and using the middle sticks you can also regulate the forward or backward speed. Just some practice. Manicured i just bought a mt and now i wish i would have gone with the 26 efi or the 31 even. If you dont mind me asking but do you remember how much more the 31hp option cost. The extra hp would be realy nice. I like mine now though so i will keep it i was just curious how much extra the 31hp was

umm not sure how much the 31 hp option was...paid $14,500 with comfort seat so....the new 31 hp model comes with the new suspension seat and a 52" GHS option if 4" matters that much to you dealer told me it was the same price I paid...in my opinion the 26 hp would be a smarter move because someday this thing will need to be worked on a being fuel injected thats gonna suck

Takes about an hour to get comfortable on it...I took it to my best yard the day i got it.....after using a Toro 62" on it previously....i had to look like an idiot out there.....the hyros are 10 times more accurate/precise then larger Z's it does what you want when you tell it to....sucks when you're learning with it trying to get the hang of it lol....ended up finishing with the toro then took the walker home and learned now its unbeatable it cuts manicured lawns like a dream...I cut a irrigated law office this morning, the one on my site and the sprinklers were still on when I got there (power outtage last night timer reset) and it didnt damage the turf at all and it was soaked. Hands down the best mower for irrigated lawns.