1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by green jeans 509, Dec 13, 2011.

1. green jeans 509

green jeans 509 LawnSite Member

my favorite yard with the worlds best stripes comes with the purchase of a walker 48

2. MesaVerdeLM

MesaVerdeLM LawnSite Member

I've seen St. Augustine cut with a string trimmer striped better than that.
  3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, no offense man but I wouldn't have left the jobsite looking like that...
  4. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

A green jeans 509 snip: "Alright the euip in those pics look at least commercial grade and all but I need to side with the other guy. I dont know anyone here personally but I run a 48 walker and you can make some very nice lines in bermuda grass or for where i'm at any grass for that matter. With those lines in the pic with the big rider nothing personal but you'd be outta biz here i'm not sure if even commercial accounts would allow that. If your there for the $ thats fine but I wouldn't personally take pride in that quality. I dont know how your mowing but if you cant make nice lines or trim without scalping in my opinion not a pro"

From my picture thread. Those stripes are not very straight or even width. I run a 48 scag cougar and it looks better than that and we cannot hardly stripe grass here. Just don't say bad things about other people's work when those not much better.
  5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

nice spruce.
  6. idealscape

idealscape LawnSite Member

My picture is in NO WAY AN EXAMPLE OF NICE TURF!!! But after never using a walker for 19 years, I hopped on someones and did this with it. I couldnt keep it very straight but for the most part it turned out ok I guess.

Your stripes may need a little help, but keep practicing and you'll get it. Dont pay any mind to the negativity...just do your best and it'll come around.

7. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

best investment for the walker ever is the tail wheel lock, with that you would have to be an idiot not to keep your lines straight!

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol you walker guys make me laugh.
  9. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: looks good to me. i never have enough time or patience to focus on getting everything perfect. cut, edge, trim, blow, ADIOS
  10. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

This was a cut last friday at my property with my 48 walker. this is not the best but half way decent in to december

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011