1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

walker stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by green jeans 509, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed!!! :clapping: Aside from detaching on a large scale I could never understand why those mowers are so popular

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

As much as I complain about working on my Walkers, I don't think I could live without them. We bag everything out here, on most of the yards I use it on I would be stuck using a walk behind with a side bagger which would totally blow lol.

These are old pics from when I had my 42" MCGHS.

Old Pics 564.jpg

Old Pics 571.jpg

3. i cut with ferris

i cut with ferris LawnSite Member

Grasscutter how do you like the high dump on the walker?

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Uh...I havent decided yet lol. There is no way I would pay to buy one new. But I bought this unit used so it probably only added $500 to the cost. It frustrates the heck out of me trying to mow ditches with it, but I've only got 2 lawns with ditches. It will climb driving straight up, or backing straight up , but it doesnt like climbing at an angle or driving across a hill.

Also not terribly impressed with the dump height. Added sideboards to my truck for leaf season, and then I couldn't clear with the high dump.

Don't like that you can't raise it all the way up before dumping, it starts before it gets all the way up.

Don't like that I have to be in the middle of the road to dump into the truck, almost got ran over a couple times this fall.

I don't like that it raises the catcher up a few inches, have banged it on tree limbs I used to be able to get under.

It worries me that the hydraulic pump will eventually go out, which will cost gobs of money. As do ALL Walker parts:hammerhead:

I LOVE the simplicity of it. It's not really faster then using dump bins, but definitely easier for lazy folks like me.

Moral of the story: probably won't buy another one, but I do for the most part like it.

5. i cut with ferris

i cut with ferris LawnSite Member

thanks for the info!

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...I mean...you could use a little more practice bud.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

This is St Augustine cut with my Walker. Sorry the turf is not near as good as it useally is, but after this year it looks better than most. The mower is for sale BTW

2011-09-15 10.40.14.jpg