Walker Super B or Husqvarna PZ 61/34

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JShe8918, Apr 26, 2010.

1. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

So i am in a pickle. I have to make a decesion extremly quick. Walker super bee air cooled for 8300 after tax OR PZ 61/34 for 10300. Walker dealer is 2 hours away and normally has a two day wait for service during peak season, and the husqvarna is about 5 mins from my house with a service time of in and out in a matter of an hour or less! What do i do. I feel that the Super B is a superior mower but i just don't know what to do!

2. JShe8918

Or Scag Wildcat 52/26 liquid cooled. For 9610.48

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Go with the Husqvarna. The fact that the dealer is 5 minutes from your house and has fast turn around service is a huge selling point. The PZ is supposed to be a great mower.

If you get the walker, you're driving 2 hours to the dealer one way. So just to go there and back your looking at 4 hours plus time spent at the dealer....which means that you will lose about 4.5 hours in time spent going to the dealer and back home. How many jobs could you finish in that 4.5 hour time?

4. JShe8918

I do agree. Now i am between the Wildcat 26 liquid with a 52 for 9600 or the PZ 61/34 for 10300. Scag is about 15 mins from my house and he is just as quick or service. In and out! ARGH!!! I hate having to make hasty desicions.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Well now you are put in a different position....if the service is equal at both dealers then your choice will need to be determined by which mower you like better.

The scag is a very well built machine. The liquid cooled engines typically last a little longer than air cooled, however, repairs can be more costly as well. But the scag will come with the velocity plus mowing deck, which (from what I here) is one of the better decks out there.

Honestly, I would go for the Scag.

6. JShe8918

Well i honestly wanted to go for the Scag. I have owned a 2008 scag turf tiger that i sold to a close friend of mine who is from the same town as I. He goes by Green Up on here. I am getting the Husqvarna tomorrow. I was going to pick it up today at 5 but i didn't get there in time. It is serviced and waiting on me. I will get some photos of it tomorrow.

7. Cboy7

Cboy7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Fl

really, sound slike your mind is pretty much made up , but I will confirm it. Husqvarna is decent equipment and the closest service. that would be my pick

8. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

The PZ specs out like a very good machine. Looking forward for a review after u get some hours on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

wow the Husqvarna is 10300 where the Y/K is 8000 for the 60/29 MaxIII (that's the price my dealer quoted me). Same machine, different color.

10. js_landscape&design

js_landscape&design LawnSite Member

JShe8918 I hope you haven't pulled the trigger on that Husqvarna PZ yet. The price your dealer is giving you is outrageous. I was well read on this new machine but did not get a chance to demo one before I had to purchase a ztr this year. The husqvarna has a superior warranty and excellent commercial specs. I expect you made a good choice with that machine. However, your price should be somewhere between $7600 and $8300 for that machine before tax. Sounds like the price you were quoted is standard retail plus tax......your dealer should be able to save you some money on this machine. Hope you read this in time and save yourself a couple grand.