Walker Super Bee

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Organicare of Fairfield, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Organicare of Fairfield

Organicare of Fairfield LawnSite Member

Just had one of my 52" exmark turf tracers catch on fire Fri now looking for replacement. Has anyone used the new walker super bee yet. I already have a 48" ghs also have the perferator and a 62" deck for it and love it but would love some opinions on the new machine before i buy.
    Thanks

2. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

if you do a search on them you will find a lot of info. There has been quite a bit of talk about them lately and from what i have read it all sounds very good.

3. wallyturcotte

wallyturcotte LawnSite Member

just bought one last week so far have 4 hr on it ........ i like everything about the power unit but the deck scares me a little....... the belt setup is weird ... noisy .... theres a plastic pulley... and no grease fittings... really like it so far.... other than the deck...... time will tell... i was wiling to take the chance .... if you dont feel like being a guinea big.... i would go with something else.....

4. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am having nothing but good things to say about this machine. We are at 320 hrs on one and 120 on another and they get run hard. Can put these in places we would never use our TIGERS We will be buying a 3rd one soon...

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How is it in wet grass?? Can you post pics of the cut??

6. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

will try to get some pictures--we don't ordinarily carry the camera with us but will on next schedule. my son did 2 acres of 2 week field growth in a misty rain this morning with no clumping--just lays it out real flat. moves grass very well--you can square off and move a whole yard in one direction double mowing--i am continually amazed. also part # 2430-10 will allow you to use the other walker decks, including the 74---
    Mow on>>>>>>>>>>>>>

7. John Gamba

from ct

Thank you in advance for the pics

8. Organicare of Fairfield

Organicare of Fairfield LawnSite Member

John where are you located in ct maby a can drive by one of yo accounts and see it in action.

9. John Gamba

from ct

I dont have a Super B. I'm looking to see pics of the cut.I dont do this commercially anymore.I have my house and rentals that i do.

If all is good,i would look into getting one.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like we both have the same set up. I don't personally own a super bee. But everyone I know who has bought one, is starting to swear by them. Sorta starting to wish I didn't buy my 62" deck and just had gotten a super bee.