Walker Suspension Seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcambrose, Aug 29, 2002.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have experience with the Walker suspension seat. It is about $600. Is it worth it. I want to save my back and prevent or reduce risk of prostate problems. Also, any one know discount place to order WAlker parts?

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one this July.
    Way Better!
    600 is very high and I wished I'd tried Northern Tool or some one else (I just told the dealer send it to me heres my card#) What a shock to find out the price.
    But
    My back is fine.
    I can use the speed up kit.
    Now Im mowing mostly with the 52 sd faster than my old 61 zt bobcat. less trimming too
    Makes you belive in the ads.

Aftermaket parts? I don't know but am interested.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

those any body know what suspension seats fit walker or where I can buy them but not the ones from walker to pricey

THANK YOU

4. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

My Exmark and Scags all have the same seat bolt pattern. The seats come from the same manufacturing company with different logos and colors for the different mower companys. All except Walker. I tried to put an Exmark seat on my walker and the bolt pattern is different.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I'll bump this along I need a new seat on my Walker and I don't want to give $300 for another stupid black one that get so hot that it burns my butt!

6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Walker has a new and cheaper suspension seat for 2007 that i really liked when i sat on it at GIE. I think the recient posts in the thread reciently revived in the commercial lawnmowing forum about the new Walker upgrades mention it. I think its in one of Grasoholic's (sp?) posts.

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

grammer makes the new suspension seat for walker, it's full suspension with adjustable lumbar. go to www.walkermowers.com then down to walker talk and check out the news/products in walker talk #29

8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

you say walker has new suspension seat for 2007 I called my local dealer he said the seat was going for $825 dollars
    is this the same price you guys pay in your area there are a lot of after market seats I don't think they fit walker do to very limited space.
    thank you

9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Nice seat, looked at Grammer at open house. will check price. You may want to check Lesco they have a seat suspension like Exmark $110. Also I've seen
    Toro and Exmark seats on ebay.

10. Illini_Fan

Illini_Fan LawnSite Member

all make a nice cordless drill. Most of the suspension seats are maufactured in Jackson, MI. I just can't remember the name of the company.