1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Sweeper

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Red Wagon, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Does anybody run the walker sweeper attachment and what has been your experience with it?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

bump:waving: i would like to know also:)

3. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

the largest company in Indpls uses them on the hospital sidwewalks as they have to have clean pavement all winter--works real good on 2 7 3" average stuff.Another crews uses them on lawns in the spring to get them "stood up" and left all the small dead stuff and leaf--again--works good. Raises too much dust to use inside buildings like warehouses. PRICEY!

4. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Do the Walker sweepers work well for cleaning up sand from snow bank piles? The implement hitch can make the broom go up and down right? How much do they go for new? Anybody selling one in the Southern Maine area?

5. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

Farmboy There is one in the uncle henrys for sale. go to there website and type in walker mower..should be right on the first page.Give me a bit ill find it for ya.

Mike

6. bigclawn

I doubt it would help you much! Find some way to get it piled (little wonder high output) then suck it up.

7. farmboy52787

I think a blower like that would make an awful mess and what are you going to suck it up with? Im talking about huge piles of snow from this winter that are going to melt and leave big piles of sand.

8. farmboy52787

Anybody else run the sweepers? Any idea how fast the broom turns? Fast slow? Thanks

9. bigclawn

Broom and shovel then!!

10. Grampachet

Grampachet LawnSite Member

Anyone know anything about that Walker sweeper/vacuum prototype, made for cleaning parking lots? It was introduced around 2002 from Hungary.