Walker Tail Wheel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, May 6, 2000.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm gonna get a new 2000 Walker and I currently have a single tail wheel. It stripes good but I have noticed that in some tight spots it rips up the turf. <br>I don't know how the dual wheels perform. <br>What is your perference and why. Thanks
  2. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Never thought much about single vs. dual. My Walker came with the dual. <p>I have had one side or the other of the dual go flat over the past 3.5 yrs, but never both at the same time. If the single should go flat it would be hard to get the mower on the trailer if you had to transport for service. Mainly because Murphy's Law would dictate that the tire would go flat while you were 1/2 mile from your trailer. Talk about tearing up a lawn. :)<p>Jim
  3. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

The dual wheel system has 2 advantages.1 is like jj lawn said if one goes flat you are not in big trouble.2 is what you though it does less damage.If you look at that wheel when the machine is turning ,the wheels will turn in different directions.Just like the main wheels.Hope that will answer your question.