Walker Tire Chains/Dozer Blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&C Lawn Care, Jan 30, 2007.

1. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

For the Walker owners: Has anyone used the tire chains and the dozer blade or the loader bucket? I know the Walker site shows using the dozier blade for snow. I am curious if this works well or is even worth the price of buying. I like the snow blower but we mainly get ice and light snow here. If I had something like this I could keep the Walker running during the winter time too (when is snows). I don't do enough landscaping to justify a Bobcat or anything like that.

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I asked this same question about the blade a few weeks back, but not many people said anything. I like the looks of the dozer bucket as you could lift the snow up but then again it looks like a foot or 2 where if you get a pile going with the blade it looks like to me by lifting the blade up the side you could accomplish the same thing. I have been looking at the blade my self.

3. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I have one, but I bought it used at about half the price of a new one. I'm not sure if I would have coughed up the money as quick if I had to buy it new. It does work pretty good though. I use mine on about a half mile of sidewalks at this one place I do. It worked great until we got that blizzard. Now there's about two feet of snow on either side and nowhere to push more snow. It also works out good for those "L" shaped driveways.