Walker Tire's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Metroman, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Metroman

Metroman LawnSite Member
    from Va.

I'm in dying need for some new tires for my walker.I haven't priced any tires yet but was wanting to know one thing before I do. Have any of you went from the stock tires on lets say a 97 model, to the wide, low profile tires? Do you have to change the wheel? I think you do. If so what did it cost you?

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes i belive a wheel change is needed, keep your old ones like we did for spares on our 1998 model and ran all terrain tires on new rims. Our 2001 model we did the same thing and ordered another set, what will come in the wheel set is a set of spacers needed for different profile and width. $200.00 approx.

3. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i have run regular tread on my walker and have had problems with tearing up the lawns when turning,i too have thought of going with the new wider setup. but currently i am running chevron tread GOLF CART TIRES.you can get them cheap through a nothern tool catalog.they offer good traction and little or no turf damage when turning.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have purchased from http://www.richardstire.com . They have pretty decent prices. I picked up a pair of 23x10.50-12 Turf Masters (like the big Lazer tire) for my ZT Max for like $35 each.

6. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

METROMAN,

I ALSO GOT A PRICE ON THE LOW PROFILE TIRES FOR MY WALKER AND THE PRICE QUOTED OF $200.00 + TAX IS WHAT I WAS QUOTED FOR THEM ALSO. I'M LOCATED IN NORTHWEST OHIO. I'M JUST WONDERING IF THEY WILL BE ANY BETTER AT CLIMBING HILLS. THAT'S WHY I WAS THINKING OF CHANGING MINE. AS FAR AS TEARING UP THE TURF TRY MAKING A 3 POINT TURN. I CAN'T DO A ZERO TURN EITHER WITHOUT TEARING THE TURF. MY TURNS I JUST SLOW DOWN AND MAKE A 3 POINT TURN AND THE PROBLEM WAS RESOVLED. HOPE THIS HELPS.
    GOOD LUCK,
    Mowman
    P.S. THE RIMS ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE STOCK ONES, THEY ARE WIDER.

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

You put those all terrain tires on it and it will climb. Ever since we installed them on all our Walkers our ZTR stays home alot thats how good they work we also have tail locks on all Walkers which works great.