Walker VS exmark Navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrizCat, Jan 3, 2006.

1. GrizCat

GrizCat LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a riding lawn mower and around here we bag everything so Walker is the unit of choice. I just saw the new exmark navigator and was wondering if anyone has used or has any suggestions.
  2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Walker mt-20. I demoed a Navigatorat a dealer field day.I like the seat better. The Walker is better for control placement. Demo both . ed
  3. ChestnutOaks

ChestnutOaks LawnSite Member

Get a Walker. Think about it - anything that has ever been copied has never been as good as the original. Never has been, never will be. Not sure, but I think the walker is a good bit lighter than the exmark???
  4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

my buddy has both he has 6 walkers and 2 navigators, i asked him hows those exmarks he said only one employee likes them none of the other guys will use them says they hate them, i used both and i like the walker much better but the exmark is faster thats the only thing i liked about it.
  5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

who has a better track record? who has been around longer?
  6. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

I have both, use both daily, and can't see how anyone can say either machine is superior to the other. Both do a great job.

Our next machine will be another exmark as our walker dealer has gone to crap. They've had our newest 26EFI walker about 10 times now and it still won't start 1/2 of the time.

Both are awesome machines. I'd have no problem buying either one providing that my local walker dealer didn't suck. But I'm not a big brand loyalist either.
  7. GrizCat

GrizCat LawnSite Member

Thank you so much for information. I was just trying to get around the sticker price of the walker but you get what you pay for.

Thanks again