Walker vs. Giant Vac bagging system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut 2 Please, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I was unable to get a very good account yesterday because I do not have bagging capabilities. I am trying to figure out if I would be better off buying the giant vac set up for my Ferris 3000 of spend the money and buy a Walker? I am leaning towards the Walker but don't really want to spend that much money right now. I need some sugestions. Thanks.

2. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

If you are going to bag alot of accounts then go with the walker .
    If it is for a select few then try and educate them on the benefits of mulching.

But if bagging is what you really want to start doing, the walker is the only way to go. I own two and I speak from experience that there is no other bagging unit that even comes close.

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Walker is the best bagger....hands down!

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The Walker is the tool. I have one and it is more versitile than having a big giant vac pulling behind you or having to gas up and maintain a seperate motor. The Walker can be used for dethatching in the spring and fall leaf cleanup. My Walker has made me a good bit of cash. I don't bag grass in the summer as I use the 52 SD w doubles but I have a 42 GHS deck that gets put on in the spring and fall.
    Give one a try. Its not as expensive as you think once the money comes rolling in.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

cut 2 please,

In my opinion the vac unit that is designed for Farris would work better than the other aftermarket brands of collection units.

Before you buy a Walker, demo a Hustler Z with the Bac-Vac unit. It cuts and sucks circles around my Walker.

Gene

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

The Walker bagging system will win hands down every time. The reason the last post said his other mower ran circles is the the Walker ground speed is not as fast as some other mowers.

Think about the Walker, you can close mow on EITHER side of the deck, because the grass chute goes up the center UNDER the mower.

NOW think about the other set up. You have a big clumsy extra blower motor and chute going up the one side of the deck and mower to the collection system in the back. Making so you can only close mow on ONE side of the deck.

Think about what is important to you.

7. theplantdoctor

theplantdoctor LawnSite Member

What he said!:D

Ken

8. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

get the walker... you will not be sorry. got my first one in feb. and i dont know how i made it without it.
    you can use it all year

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I'll be getting a Walker next year!:)

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Size are You Looking For?