Walker vs Ztr toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J. Davis, Mar 11, 2001.

1. J. Davis

J. Davis LawnSite Member

Walker vs Ztr Toro mower....Trying to get an idea of which mower is the best.

2. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I think it all depends on what you are going to use it for. If you are going to be bagging some of your customers then maybe a walker would be good for you. I have one and I love it. It's great for fall clean up. The fact that you can put a side discharge deck on it it when needed is good also. It is more money however to have a walker with bagging capabilitys and to have another deck.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Walker was the first with a rear discharge collection system,Scag and Toro tried to copie.Befor you buy a Toro Z-Master take a close look at the componets in the blower system. The empeller and housing are a lot thinner than Walker,thats a very high wear area. Sence I got my new 48" deck I'm very happy with my Walker. Demo both befor you buy and see what works best for you.
    Gene

4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have run the toro. It has nothing on the Walker. Its just no competition, walker is far better.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you want to bag buy the Walker. If you want to side discharge buy the Toro. Both machines are very good at the specific job for which they were intended.