Walker W/B Model mw - need some help deciding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAVEY PROS, Jun 15, 2006.

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

Okay this will be the first mid sized walk behinde we will be buying for our business. Have a budget of up to $5000 and want to buy new. Here are some i need help deciding on (all 36'):

-Walker model MW 15 hp Kawasaki engine

-Toro T-Bar (not sure about belt or hydro) 15hp

-Scag floating deck hydro 16 hp Kawasaki

-Wright Stander 15 hp / 17 hp Kawasaki

Any one use any of these? What do you reccomend - we aren't going to be using this mower extremely rough but we do want something that will cut smooth and be easy to use through heat conditions and tall gass.

2. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

The new fixed deck Toro with the turbo force decks look really neet. I am waiting on someone to tell me how they cut. I am wanting the new 40".

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

Thanks but i really am interested in the Walker Mowers - Any one out there used them at all before???

Thanks -
  4. Jay74

Jay74 LawnSite Member

If you are ever going to use a catcher don't buy the Walker WB! The walker rep said they are working on a catcher that is attached to the frame that won't pull the catcher end of the deck down.

5. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i test drove a walker wb with 48" deck found it didn't have enough power and it didn't do well on hills going up or sideways i think the traction tires would help on hills. i like the toggle switch to increase speed and the easy reversewe were cutting heavy grass with the 48", the walker is nice for exchanging decks just wished it had more hp
  6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Between the models that you have listed , Toro with a t-bar HANDS down. However if Hustler is a option check them out. Good luck.
  7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

im just woundering does the walker walkbehind take the implements and attachments for the walker ztr? thanks
  8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

The Walker Mb is another choice, I demoed the 48" was quite impressed

Would consider one for my Mt-20 Ghs. The price was about the same.

Would consider the Mb before the Wb. Ed
  9. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

First off I don't like were scag puts the hydro controls. Its is kinda hard to reach for every time you want to change speed. Second what about Bobcat? I just got one priced out with a sulky for $5300 and the kawasaki, FD,WB, 36".