Walker w/b owners, HELP!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Huften Lawn Care, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Huften Lawn Care

Huften Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from CT

I am currently in the market for a new walk behind. Since I already own a Walker GHS, I am considering the new walk behind by Walker. I need some feed back guys. The other mower I am considering is the Exmark 48/52 TTHP. I know the Exmark already has proven itself and I am concerned with the 15hp Kaw. on the Walker. I'm on the fence, someone give me a push!

2. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Well, I just bought a walker MW two weeks ago and even though I have not mowed with it yet, I am sure I will love it. Its a very smooth and comfortable mower to opperate. I too was looking at an Exmark. I think they are very well built and I really liked the TT 48" but went with the walker. Its a no brainer after opperating one. They just feel good. I love the controls and the flexability of the decks. I have two other walkers and four decks. If you go to a dealer and demo one, even just out in the parking lot, you will see what I mean about the comfort level. I got the sulky with mine and feel that is one of the best parts to the mower. Good luck, both are good machines. Tim

p1010048.jpg

3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Go see Schmidts & Serafines in Waterbury they are dealers for
    Walker and ExMark. See Brian or Jason.

4. Huften Lawn Care

from CT

Thanks Tim & Ed

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Where are you located? Red Riders on RT 75 by Bradly Field is also a Walker dealer.

The The Connecticut Grounds Keepers Association is having their show at the Civic Center on Feb.25, 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Precision Works Inc. is the regional distrubitor and they will have a verity of Walker mowers there.

Gene

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Hey Tim, how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking???

7. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

I picked mine up for 4,750 plus the sulky for 250. So for 5000 I got the machine, the 48" SD deck and the sulky. Not what I was wanting to spend, but still not bad. That was a show price since I got it at a ProGreen show in Denver, but I don't think it was much of a savings. Tim

PS -here is a shot of it with the deck up. Great space savings.

p1010051.jpg

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Thanks Tim, looks pretty nice!!!!!

9. Huften Lawn Care

from CT

Gene, I'm from Torrington(Northwest) CT. Actually, my 48"GHS is currrently at Red Rider for repair. I will definitly be at the show on 2/25.