Walker W/B?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BCSteel, Jun 12, 2004.

1. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking into getting a wb and already have a walker Z so...
    How do they handle compared to their riders? Are they easier to manouver? Is the 15 hp engine enough to run through some taller/thicker wet grass? Overall is it a good machine?

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Is there a Walker dealer nearby your location? If so I would try and demo a Walker W/B before I even thought about asking the opinions of people you don't even know.

3. BCSteel

Well now that I have your opinion and I dont even know you, anyone else?

I ask because W/Bs are almost unheard of where I am. The only kind I have seen is a JD. Everything here is JD. My walker dealer is over an hour away so I'd like some info on them before I try it out so that I can have at least some idea of what I'm talking about.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

5. BCSteel

I used the search first and read those 2 threads already but thanks anyways.

I was hoping that after using them for a while there would be some new feed back on them.

What would be the advantage of a WB over a rider? It doesnt seem that the WB is noticably shorter/more compact so it would seem that if you could get the WB in there you could get the rider in.

Where abouts do you do business Fareway?

6. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Used to run a Walker GHS Many Moons Ago...Have found I can put the Hydro Walks w/same deck sizes in Allot more Places on Small Props & leave a better cut....

The Walker Walk Looks Sweet....True Floating Deck Suspension, not a Hanging Deck, The Deck Flip up Feature & the 44" Deck...

If anyone has the 44" Mulch Deck Let me know how well it Works!

7. BCSteel

I though they only had a 42" mulcher.

8. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Whoops...Me Bad...42" Double Blade Mulch Deck...Everyone around here runs GHS...Dealers Never even seen the 42" Deck...

9. BCSteel

I have one on order (mulcher) and I'll probably get it near the end of the month. Hopefully it will work out good.

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have demoed one at the GIE and thought they handled great. I love the controls, but I dont think I would get one because of the fact they only offered it in the 15hp model only. Bob Walker was there showing me the demo and he said that they would have a larger engine option, but did not say when.