Walker walk behind news

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rodney Johns, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

If anyone was unhappy with the rear wheel on the new Walker walk behind there is now an attachment that can be installed on the unit that will allow the rear wheel or sulky to be taken off.
    This allows the deck weight to ride on the wheels as with most traditional walk behind mowers. Just one new feature that I felt was worth a mention. I do like how the current set up is on the mower with the 2 wheeled rear sulky.
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I had wondered how you could curb hop with that particular mower. There have been many times with my Exmark that I had to push down on the handles to raise the deck. This seemed impossible with the Walker. Glad to hear they recognized the shortcomings of this mower.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Rodney.....has Walker decided to put something larger that a 15hp on the unit yet? When I test drove the walkbehind at last GIE I don't remember any tail wheel.....was this something that they added once production started? The unit that I test drove might of still been a prototype or at least not in full production yet.