1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker walk behind.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newhort, Feb 18, 2006.

1. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

Got a new Walker W walk behind. But have not cut with it. I love the floating deck. Has anybody got the sulky? nLet me know what you Walker guys think.
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

What size deck did you get? I have looked at them but have never used one. I think it would be great for cutting weekly lawns. If you don't mind me asking what was the cost of the unit? I think that Waker need to offer larger engine options especially for running the 42 mulching deck.
  3. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

I got a 48" side dis. I bought mine used with 48 hrs. $3500. A new one is around $ 4800. It is up with all exmark and scag. I really like the thumb speed control. But with the way the third wheel is positioned the mower and deck pivot, just like the riders. Also the deck tilts up making blades very easy to change. If the walk behinds catch on you will see bigger engines. I will try to install my bedshaper on this unit for a more compact unit.
  4. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

have any pics yet ?