Walker walk behind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 clowns mowing, May 21, 2006.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

has anyone tried the walker walk behind mower yet? thinki9ng of buying one with a 48" side discharge deck. and using my 52" deck on it. will the walker have enough power to run the 52"? the built in sulky looks too small to stand on?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I have never seen one in our market.....it was going to be marketed for homeowners and I have heard it has a big price tag. I am not sure but I think it has a new transmission/drive motor deal which could be prone to first years in production problems. I am just helping you bump...not any good info.

3. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

The 52" will not work on the Walker MW. Stick with the smaller deck. I just wonder why you don't simply use the model MB with a 56" deck if you need a larger cut without sacrificing manueverability or use a smaller 48" or even the 42" deck and save walking for someone else.

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I've demoed both at dealer field day. I would consider an Mb. I have a MT-20

and am considering an Mb w 56". or 48". It handles like a GHS only smaller.

Ed

5. 2 clowns mowing

i have a mt20 w/ 42" ghs deck, found it's not that good on hills thought a walk behind would do the hills, i also have a 52" deck thought i could run two mowers with the same decks thinking of buying a walk behind with a 48" deck.

6. 2 clowns mowing

i demoed a wlk behind walker yesterday it slipped going up hill and was hard to control going sideways along the hill. so i'm not buying it. i'm trying the knobie drive tires on my mt20

7. 2 clowns mowing

Love these knobie tires on my walker mt20, goes up hills now forward and holds the hill when going across. thinking these will work on the walker walk behind. talking to another dealer about this idea now.