Walker walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJ Lawn, Jun 24, 2000.

1. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

My Dealer called me today and said that they have a new Walker walk behind in stock. I am going to take a look at it tomorrow. Will take some pictures, and will try to post them someting this weekend.<p>Jim

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds interesting.<p>Karl<br>

3. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hey thanks jj!!!!I have been wanting to take a look at it!I hope they are not going to use chain drive!!!!I hate chain drive!!!!!Anyway thanks hope to see some pic's soon!!!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

4. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to see and hear about this. Can you let us know if you post the photos and info.

5. JJ Lawn

Honest guys, I have not forgot about the pictures. I have them, just have to find a place to put them so y'all can see them. And I have been busy this week and have not had time. It has rained every afternoon this week And I am trying to play catch-up between the showers. If no rain tomorrow I'll be caught up and then can work on the pics.<p>Also, I have the new machine at the house. Seems that this unit is not for sale yet, but it is for testing purposes and field trials. And since I am just about the only person in my area that has mulch/side discharge decks, (distributer did not supply deck, just drive unit) I have the honor of being one of the chosen to test this new unit. And since I have never used a walkbehind, this is going to be a test of both man and machine. <p>Will Keep you posted.<p>Jim

6. JJ Lawn

Adam, It is chain drive. As I said I have never driven a walkbehind, so what is the problem with chain drive? Is there anything I need to watch for?<p>My dealer asked me to write a report on what I thought of the unit as I use it. So any help from some of you as what to look for might be helpful to me.<p>Jim

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

how do you test it without a mowing deck ??<br>why would they have you test a unit with out a mower deck on it ??<br>i have heard this rumored to be in the works for 1 or 2 years now, but have yet to even see a drawing of this machine.<br>lets see some pics....<br>sounds like it could be a heavy duty unit....

8. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

The reason I do not like chain drive is becouse I own a Walker 11hp chain drive and I have come to hate chain drive!Although just before I stoped useing my 11hp I put motorcycle chain in and it never busted.It might be allright but I will need some convincing.Hope to see those pics soon.Mowerconsultant is right how do you demo or even drive a unit with no deck???When I take my deck off my scag I have to hold the hanlde bars up.Have they rigged it so it will drive without a deck????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

9. JJ Lawn

mowerconsultant, Adam....I will use the decks that I already have. I have a 42&quot; mulch, and a 52&quot; mulch/sidedischarge. I don't know why they send unit out without a deck, but I'm not complaining, because I am about the only one in my area that has these decks. (READ: I get to test unit). Unit will not (as I understand) work with a GHS deck.<p>I think that Walker has only made six of these units so feel lucky to be able to test it.<p>Jim

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

ahhhhhh.......<br>so this unit has the same setup for attaching the deck as the rider does ......<br>now we know....<br>thanks for the info, keep us informed and lets see them pics..