1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Walkbehind.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ATouchofGrass, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Does anyone know anything about this mower? I would really like to hear your opinions on it!
  2. grassaholic

grassaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Most people will tell you it sucks and it's too expensive. It has it's quirks and it's strong points. I have one and like it mainly because the deck tilts up so I can fit it in my 16 ft. trailer with 2 Walker MTGHS riders. I need the Walk behind for hills that are too steep for the riders. When I first got it I was pissed because it was the worst walk behind I had ever used on a hill. The way it's set up with the little tail wheel behind the drive tires and the full floating deck takes too much of the weight off of the drive tires. I called my distributor and asked what gives. He sent me a kit that eliminates the little tail wheel and sulky. It also adds a steel bar that goes from the deck frame to the mower frame to make a solid link between the deck and motor frame. This cheap add on totally changed the hillside capability of the mower. It now will hold steeper hills than any other Walk behind I've used. Since thats why I bought the mower I'm happy. Some other points to consider are it could use an electric start and a bigger motor if you wanted to run the 56" deck on it. Mine seems to have plenty of power for my 48" deck. For me it works great. With the 48" deck it has plenty of power, climbs hills like a mountain goat with the add on kit, most importantly for me the deck folds up so I can fit it in my trailer with my Walker riders.
  3. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

That is what i was looking to hear! As far as priceing, if you dont mind? How much did you pay for yours?