walker walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Any one see it yet i just seen a picture in grounds maintenance magazine .
    Seems as it gonna be powered by a 15 horse kaw and have decks up to 56 inches and the deck is supossed to tilt up.decks are mulching an side discharge

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a LOT of deck for a 15hp Kawi!

I would jump to the 19hp. Its a bigger cc engine and not much bigger in outside dimensions.

The 3rd wheel would take some getting used to. They need this to accomodate the use of their existing decks. I think some companies should stick to what they know best.

Next they'll be trying to make a ZTR!

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What is wrong with a company trying to branch out in a new direction. I have seen some pics of Walkers WB and I really don't know what to think but I am glad that they aren't just sitting around resting on their accomplishments.

Granted, some new ideas are a flop but I give anyone credit for taking chances. Mayby it will work, mayby it won't but you will never know if you don't have the nads to try.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

TLS,
    What do you mean? They make a ZTR now. In fact, that's all they have ever made.:D

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

We got to test it at the expo. Its a smooth machine. The controls were not very good though. Small sqeeze to adjust and the mower would jump sideways.

I think they did need to get something else besides just the rider.

6. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Finally something from Walker..... In the new issue #20 of Walker Talk it shows the new Walker Walker.

This walkbehind looks a lot like the one I test drove last year. The only difference I can see is the hydrostat trans and the Kawasaki engine. And it looks like there is a little better access to the engine.

The only problem I can remember is that it was hard for one person to install the 52" deck. You had to tilt the drive unit to install the deck and you had to guide the deck onto the unit and tilt the drive back at the same time. Two people would be no problem.

I will buy one if and when Walker gets them out . I talked to my dealer today, and he called the distributer, and was told, hopefully they will be out sometime in the fall. And the cost will be around $3800.00.(no deck)

They also showed the Perfaerator...... Will plug a 41.5" path, and cover 70,000 Sq ft an hour. Looks like another must have attachment for the Walker.

Jim

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The perfaerator is basically a Rocksolid Plugr. Rocksolid sent their tine setup to Walker and Walker mounted it into a frame to attach to their mower.

8. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

One of my friends in the businss, got a demo 2 months ago. I've got to use it once, and it takes time to ge ust to it but i can see it becomming popular.

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Walker had one at Expo. I didn't play with it, but have earlier at my dealers. I can see it being a great machine. The biggest benifit I see is that for some body that wants a WB but doesn't want to buy another deck could get one of these for hill side mowing and use the same deck as the rider.

And TLS for your info Walker has being making a ZTR since 86 I believe. I see a lot of companies trying to coyp Walkers GHS design with the grass being moved thru the center of the machine, Walker has them beat hands down in that area. Walker may have a slower ground speed than some, but they are a good machine.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a picture of what I consider a "ZTR" .

The reason I consider these "ZTR'S" is that they can maneuver within their own width.....Hence......Zero Turning Radius.

lazerdixie.jpg