Walker Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rodney Johns, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

Just had to mention one of the coolest things I have seen in the industry in a while. Just tested out the new Walker by Walker at my dealer meeting a while back. WOW! this thing has the easiest operation I have seen in a walk behind to date. Easy to operate and very efficient. It also has the capabilty to interchange decks with the Walker riders which is a neat feature. Plus it still has the tilt up deck use. Check one out if you are in the Walk behind market for sure. This thing is going to be a seller.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What, no pics?:cry:

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I got to test drive it at the GIE and yes, I was impressed with the controls. I just love the idea of using a switch that controls the forward position. Bob said that right now they only offer it with a 15hp KAW. There is no way that will operate a 52" mulching deck. He said that retail price will be $3800.

MATT

walkbehindpress[1].jpg

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

your right.theres noway 15hp is enough.i'd want at least 19 and preferably a 21 if i was goig to do alot of mulching with a 52.

5. walker-talker

from Midwest

Actually, I am side discharging with that deck, but it is running doubles and I still don't think that is enough hp.

MATT

6. rodfather

15 hp is not enough, especially with a mulching deck. BTW, is this WB a hydro or belt driven?

I like the $3800 price tag.

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

Hydro. That price tag does not include a deck.

MATT

8. rodfather

Then, how much for the deck and what size(s) are available?

9. walker-talker

from Midwest

I paid $1650 for a used, flip up 52" deck. I think the new 42" mulching deck runs about $1200 new, if I am not mistaken.

MATT

10. rodfather

Excuse me for my ignorance walker-talker, but what is a flip-up deck? Walker mowers are virtually non-existent in these parts of the woods.