walker "walker" experience

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kels, May 30, 2003.

1. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

Went to my new walker dealer Wednesday (my old dealer dropped walker due to distributor disagreements) and there it was a walker w/b sitting on the distributors goose neck trailer about 5' off of the ground (just arrived), so eager to show me, the salesman jumps on the trailer and puts it in reverse, then decides to turn it around and drive off of the trailer forward, the salesman hollers to the distributor "How do you make it go forward" (at this time the mower is facing the side of the trailer) and the distributor tells him (at this time there are about 6-8 people standing around) puts it in forward and off the side it jumps, amazingly the 5th wheel saved it from just dropping all the way to the ground.

After they recovered the walker with a forklift and we all were finished laughing, I was able to test drive it around the parking lot, it operates just like a walker "rider" so I was fairly comfortable with the controls, has a thumb button you rotate forward and backwards for forward that acts like the the big forward speed control and levers on the handles that you squeeze to make the wheels go in reverse.

I did not like the old style w/b handles or the fifth wheel, distributor said walker was coming out with a pro slide type sulky. For a w/b I think it has a ways to go before I purchase one.

2. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

which dealer are you working with? I know the guys out at Bartlett Small Engines are great.

3. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

Volvo rents