Walker washing

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by djsmokin, Mar 11, 2003.

1. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Can you high presure wash the inside of the grass hopper? I looked in the book and saw nothing on that.

Want to make sure I don't damage anything like signal full switch in the hopper. Thanks

2. Lazer Man

Lazer Man LawnSite Member
    from SW Pa.

I've pressure washed many times never had a prob. What I use to clean out the inside of box is westleys bleach white and then spray with clorox cleanup over the westleys may take a few times but I get mine like brand new. Hope this helps.

Bob:D :D :D

3. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

Simple Green or Mean Green works good also. Spray with pressure washer.

4. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Thanks guys.....it looks new again and shoot is not cloggin anymore. Dj

5. SWR11

SWR11 LawnSite Member

We just hire a steam guy to blast them every month. Inside and out. Hasn't hurt anything in 7 yrs. Great mower. It's hard to keep them looking like new when you work them 6 days a week.

6. Mr.Wrench

Mr.Wrench LawnSite Member
    from N.H.

The GHS system on a Walker is surprisingly water tight. We use a hot water 2500 psi washer on all our customers equipment and haven't come across any issues with washing the Walkers. Heres a good tip, use the spray. I think it's called grass-off or something like that. It's the same stuff that they spray under mower decks to keep the grass from building up. Wash out your hopper once a week and reapply the spray. It keeps the inside like new. Has anyone tried the new Walker walkbehind mower yet?