Walker with KUbota Gas Engine?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mcambrose, Aug 22, 2007.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I have found a very reasonable price on a walker mower with KUbota gas (not diesel) engine. Does anyone have good or bad experience with these. It is the water cooled engine. The only thing I had a concern about was the extra 100 lbs. I didn't know if they adversely affected mower agility. Does it make it a lot worse on hills? I thought it is supposed to be a great engine.

2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, the kub gaser should be a good unit . Although i do not know the hp etc . The kub gasser is a relative engine of the diesel . Refer kubota web site.Way way better than kohler as u can rebuild the engines fully .
    Be aware walker have had there reasonable share of problems with radiater fans ,temp guages and fan control modules .

tomo:waving:

3. Lawdog302

Lawdog302 LawnSite Member

I have had 2 of these machines and they are still in the family. They are very good machines, but they do struggle more on hillsides. If it's meant to have a side discharge deck(like a 62) it would be great. Fans and modules have been issues but if they are working correctly, it is a good system. Sure beats wiping grass off a screen every couple of minutes.

4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer with a 3 cylinder gas in a Grasshopper and he loves it, runs very smooth and has lots of power. I have replaced some ignition parts in the distributor and the main coil. Also replaced the front and rear crank seals but nothing MAJOR......yet:laugh: