Walker wont start...

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MysticLandscape, Nov 9, 2006.

1. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2005 Diesel walker it has 254 hrs, I was just changing the oil in it, I go to start it and it won't start it just clicks any ideas?

2. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a dead battery maybe.:drinkup:

3. Landmark

Landmark LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Make sure your battery connections are good and also check your ground connections as well. Those are the simplest things to check first.

4. Paton lawn Care

Paton lawn Care LawnSite Member

Sounds like starter
    If it is there 950.00cnd
    I had to put one on
    I sh-t when they told me the price.:

5. FIXDISS

FIXDISS LawnSite Senior Member

Please clarify whether it just clicks when you turn the key on or does it just click when you turn key to start or hit start button depending on how it is equipped. May be a safety or a bad connection. If you can bypass or jump the solenoid and starter will engage then it could also be the solenoid. Just a process of elimination to determine the problem.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

If you have a rebuilder in town I would send it to them and it would be a hell of alot cheaper. Thats what i do with my briggs wisconsinand Isuzu diesel starters.

7. MysticLandscape

They thing is like 10 months old, if it is the start it better be under warrenty there is no reason for it to be out my neighboor has the exact same machine with 2000 hrs and the start is fine, i checked every i could think of I am just going to have to take it to the dealer...

8. FIXDISS

Does this unit have a remote solenoid or is it attatched to the starter ? Before you condemn the starter try a few few tests . If you can jump across the solenoid and make starter engage then starter is not the problem. You could also use jumper cables to test by hooking directly to starter.If it started before you changed oil it is not likely starter went out.

9. MysticLandscape

I am not too mechanically inclineded, i am just going to bring it to the dealer i got my other walker as a backup so it wont be too bad, thanks for all your help guys ill let you know what it was.

10. FIXDISS

OK. Good luck but I hope you have a dealer you trust after that quote for new starter from Patton Lawn Care.