Walker/Z with Ultra Vac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Helimon, May 28, 2003.

1. Helimon

Helimon LawnSite Member

I was looking for some comments on how these two compare with regards grass pickup.
    I am still considering whether I which mower I want. I hope to start demos middle of next month.

I am considering the Laser Z CT or HP with the UltraVac system or a Walker. Both would have the 44" or 48" deck. The main use of this is to cut my Acre plus bermuda grass. I have a new lawn soded June 2002. There are still some pretty bad ruts that I just dumped a lot of sand into to try and level out. My wife likes to keep the yard pretty short and our current Scotts (made by John Deere) scalps WAY to much.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I cut bermuda and Zoysia exclusively here. I run the mulch kits on all eXmark mowers. You get the bagged look without bagging. My lawns stay much greener and healthier due to the nutrients being put back into the soil.

I do have the ultra vac on my HP for leaf season. It does a great job with leaves or grass.

A good friend of mine has a Walker he is trying to sell. He is going to get a HP. The Walker does a great job bagging, but that is about all. If you have rough ground, I can tell you the Walker is not exactly comfortable in rough terrain.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Helimon,

I have to tell you to go more towards the LHP model. The CT is not set up for the Ultra-Vac.

Most of your concerns with scalping can be handled with the anti-scalping wheel be set properly and the correct mowing techniques.

Contact your dealer to see about setting up a demo!

Thanks, Fred.

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i grew up with hoss and we both use exmark's with mulch kits. grass greens up faster and stays greener longer than stripping the nutrients off the ground. i use a walker also and that's yet another thing i don't like, emptying the GHS hopper. you are further south than us, i say get the exmark and go with the mulch kit. but to answer your question, the ultravac does a heck of a job as well.

PS, just read ALL of hoss's post, i'm the walker owber and friend he mentions. good cut, seen better, won't go on a hill and jars the fool out of you on bumps (now we know why they are slower than most other brands).