1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Metroman, Apr 16, 2000.

1. Metroman

Metroman LawnSite Member
    from Va.

The other day I asked about a back up mower,well I might have found one.<p>96 Walker 48&quot;deck and maybe a side discharge deck to go with it, 1400hrs.<p>What do yall think that it is worth?

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

$4000.00-Fair cond.,$5000.00- good cond.

3. Metroman

Metroman LawnSite Member
    from Va.

I was really hopeing to ge some more input this morning,cause I had to go get it today. Well I did a guess How much???????????<p>$3250.00 the machine is very clean and the other deck is too. The guy even gave two sets of blades and two tie downs.<p>Nock on wood that the machine wont mess up tomorrow.<p>Thanks for your input.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What year is the mower, there is a plate on the tractor by the serial number? What size engine does it have? Was this the original owner? What was the repair and maintenance history?<br>It sounds like a good deal at the price end, the new price is over 10k depending on the engine. I have a 98MTGHS and when the Kohler isn't acting up its a great residential mower. Let me know how you like it.

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Metroman, where in VA are you located? I'm in Richmond

6. Metroman

Metroman LawnSite Member
    from Va.

I'm sorry I forgot the hp (25hp) I think that its a 96MTGHS. Used it today and it did just fine.<p>Barkleymut I'm located in Danville

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

metroman: You got a good deal!!