Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mbenz, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I am thinking once again about buying a walker mower ghs, I'm trying to decide on the model S or the Model C
    I will be useing this on my own yard primarily and some other yards occasionally.
    How much should i expect to spend?
    And is it worth it? I want my yard to look the best.

2. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you need to collect clippings?

3. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" GHS for sale........

I would think you would want to purchase a used one, no need to buy that new one, it would take forever to recoup your expense.

321 794 1125

4. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Would you post a few pictures for me? And where in Florida are you located? And how much are you asking? I just don't want to buy someone else's problems, Not regarding yours, No punt intended.

5. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

As far as collecting clippings, I want that manicured look to my lawn.

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

What size lawn do you have? What kind of terrain are you dealing with?

7. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have over 1 acre lot. Lot of my neighbors have there grass cut with Walkers by the local Pros, But I'm the kind of person that enjoys working in my yard and trying to out do my neighbors yard and i think this would be a mower that i would enjoy and give my yard that clean manicured look. I know its a little pricey but i just sold Harley, and the wife doesn't mind me spending that money on a walker because i have been driving here crazy about one.

8. BCSteel

Just 1 acre eh? Well I'd go with the home owner model then. It still cuts as good as the others and has most of the same features but at a much lesser cost. I dont think that a long, weed choked lawn is going to be a problem for you if you are trying to out do your neighbours as you will probably be out there far more than they are. I think that the model S will handle it just fine for you.

9. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Thanks for all the replys, But one question if i go with the s model i think i might have a harder time trying to resale to a potential customer, that might be useing it for living. I dont know what you think?
    Well im off work tomarow to go see what the dealer has in stock..... Im sure he will say " Havent I met you or talked to you before about a Walker"
    So BC Steel what type of mower do you have?

10. BCSteel

16 hp model C. I should have gotten the 20 or 26 hp though. I'm putting on about 600 - 800 hrs per year on it.

No pro will buy the model S off of you, no matter how cheap it is. Why are you considering selling it before you even have it. If you only want a temporary mower that you will trade in or sell every other year, save your money and dont buy a walker.