1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Oct 12, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use the Model C for daily cutting? I am currently looking into the Model T or C whcih one would be better?

2. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Go bigger if you plan to use it alot, more power = better performance. More power is definetly needed on walkers, you will see a big deifference.

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 3 with 20 hp .... 1 with a 25hp n the 26 EFI .... they fight over the 25 & 26 ... on of the 20's took a "dump" month ago n gonna replace with a 25

BIGGER IS BETTER

4. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I have a "C" model. It has almost 1200 hours on it now and I have had no major problems with it. I only run 36 inch decks so the 16 hp does the job. I believe the new ones are 18 hp so that will be a bit better. For me it was the right choice because I can get through most gates where the larger Walkers might not go because of thier wider tires. When this one has to be replaced I would buy another "C" but if I was doing larger properies I would look into a 20 hp or larger.

Ray

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have the 26hp model and no problems.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 26 Model T w 42 GHS and 52SD w doubles. I love the machine. Demo. Its like buying a car, you just dont walk in and give the dealer 10 grand without being sure its gonna work for you.