Walkers 48" side discharge????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Oct 26, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Has anyone used one this season? How was it?? Has anyone used the new 18HP walker, the home owner one.

John

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

John: tried Mb at Schmidts' field day w 56" deck. I tried the 48 on several

times. I have a 52 Toro wb and a Scag 3 wheel. I like the Mb. I was impressed w the 48. If I could find a good used one I might buy one for my

Ghs. Ed

3. John Gamba

from ct

Thank you ed:waving: Its hard to cut or demo walker products. I wish the dealers had more stuff that we could use instead of it sitting in there show rooms
    John

4. John Gamba

from ct

Ed

Did you hear a price on the MB??

John

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

John, not to get off of your topic but I am thinking that you may have a Walker banner next to that Exmark banner on your next cruise?

The way we are set up in my area is that there are Walker dealers thruout the state. These are dealers that sell Walker as well as other brands. Our state has a distributor which is fortunately located 90 minutes from me. They have just about everything or they can get it fast. The dealers go thru them. That is not publicized.
    I don't know if your area has a distributor near but if you can find that guy you are in luck.
    I have not demoed a 48 or the new MB but I have seen it. Looks nice but like anything new I am sure there are little bugs to work out. My 2000 26EFI is going on 1500 hours and is still making me cash. Then again so is my Toro. Get on the phone and find your distributor. Take care.

6. John Gamba

from ct

Hay Ed :waving:

I like that the new MB is only 83"s long:D and its a out front mower. I think the only attachments are the aerator ??????? I was hoping for more. I'll try and take one out but i dont know:confused: I'll look for the distributer.

John

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hey John,

I believe you and I have chatted a tad about the Walker MB... I think...

Anyways, I've been rather enthused about this little Walker mower for a while now, despite the fact it's not exactly 100% of what Walker is all about.

What I'm enthused about is the outfront AND walker configuration in a more compact package. In addition, although it might have a bit lesser drive system, it also is a good bit faster offering. Plus I also like Briggs engines.

Overall though, I'm hoping to see a beefed up and updated version of this mower. Specifically a more powerful engine option and more deck options. I might be dead wrong about this, but I would think the 52" and 62" side discharge decks would be the superior options.... and I don't really understand why they couldn't just make the 52" an option since the 56" is... again I may be wrong, but the 52" looks better than the 56" to me.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have never tried the 48", but the 52" is what I use and is great. I don't think it compares to an Exmark. I just don't think the 52" has the necessary blade tip speed. For most lawn is does great, but some will require double cut in the spring and usually limited to just some areas of the lawn (areas with super thick turf).

9. John Gamba

from ct

I thought it was (Up to) 56"?????? I would like to see a 20Hp or more. What makes the drive less??

John.

10. John Gamba

from ct

They need DEEPER DECKS!! and a faster blades speed soon. Most of the time i have to double cut so its no big deal here.

I would love to cut some real grass with one (The 48") and also see how the mower is to drive. I like that its short and its an out front.

John