Walker's Deck Height Adjuster Kit??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Jan 23, 2005.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I know this is something new....and there was minimal talk about it on here last year, but I am curious if anyone has this?

Was it tough to install? The dealer told me for $100 deposit, they would give me a template for where all the holes are suppose to me drilled.

Is it built to last? The dealer also told me, in his own opinion, he didn't that is was all that strong. He was mainly referring to the bolts that attatch the unit to the deck. He mentioned something about them being too small, in his opinion.

How much did you dealer charge you? My dealer told me $350.

It sure would be a convienence not have to get off the mower to pull those pins. Another plus is that you can adjust the deck in 1/4" incremement, not the 1/2" that are with the pins.

Thanks
    Matt

deckadjuster[1].jpg

2. bligh61

bligh61 LawnSite Member

expensive template. if he loans it to you, great deal. also i use a 1/8 washer to help with deck heights.

3. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

it is a nice feature to have. i have it on my 42 inch mulching deck... but i had problems with it... the lever u use to move it up and down kept bending..my dealer charged 350 for it installed.. my dealer has that deck now, i have a bagging deck on my walker now, i decided not to put one one this deck... but walker did send the dealer a beef up handle to replace the old one.. i we will see how it holds up this summer

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think it is a much needed upgrade on the walkers, that was one of the drawbacks I couldn't live with when I choose Exmark over it years ago. But shouldn't it be standard or at least optional if they're really confident about the kit? What costs $350 to retrofit in the field would be less than half that if done at the factory.