Walkers new mulchig deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Had to take my Walker to the dealer the other day. While they were trying to figure out the problem, I was looking at all the toys. Man I love looking at all that new shiney paint. Anyway I happen to look at a model MB and noticed something looked different about the deck ,so I asked and they told me it was the new mulching deck. Upon further investigatoin this dude is completly different than my deck [mine is only 5 months old] it is on a bigger frame, seemed to be deeper and had different blades. They said it was for high capacity mulching. Has anyone tried one of these decks?

2. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Why not just buy one and try it out so we won't have to spend our money trying it ourselves and if you don't like it, give it away!

3. Turf Dawg

I am going to call the rep that brings the demos and see if he has one to try out. I would also like him to bring a super b.

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

mulching requires more horse power and will slow you down i demoed a walker walk behind with a mulch deck and it didn't do a very nice job even the dealer said it wasn't very good cut

5. Turf Dawg

FYI Talked to the rep today and he told me that the new deck was a "yankee" deck that did a better job on northern grasses. He told me it would be about the same on my grass types.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess it would be faster than bagging.....if you took into account all the loading and unloading of the grass?