Walking Boom?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by qball98, Apr 26, 2005.

1. qball98

qball98 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a walking boom to use for lawn applications. Lesco does not sell them anymore and I thought maybe someone on here could tell me where to purchase one. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

2. I am not sure I understand what you are looking for. However, if I happen to understand what you are looking for, you can find them at

Ask about their double boom sprayer, they will send you a catalog for free.
  3. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 LawnSite Member

4. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

I built my own. Has 4 flat fan nozzles and a pressure gauge. Tried posting a pic but couldn't figure out how.
  5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe westheffer has them as well
  6. airtractrdrivr

airtractrdrivr LawnSite Member

Check with Estes Chemical in Springdale, AR. Ask for the Estes Pro Boom. It's a 48" boom with 6 Quick TeeJet diaphram nozzles, pressure guage, rolls on pneumatic tires, and the valve is top quality. We bought three of them this year, and have used the heck out of them with no problems. I built a set of extensions for one of the booms that adds two feet to either side, and I can cover a bunch of ground in a hurry with it. It's great for bigger open areas, but the standard 48 inches is plenty on most yards. I can get a pic of one and Email you if you want so you can see it.
  7. qball98

qball98 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help I will give Estes a call it sounds like they sell exactly what I am looking for.

Airtractrdrivr, I sent you a private message with my e-mail address in it if you could get a picture of the one with the extensions you made I would like to see it. I have a couple of properties I treat that are about 1.25 acres and I am looking for a way to make the job quicker. Right now I am using a chemlawn gun and it takes to long. I am planning on using this on all my properties in hopes of getting more even coverage with less operator error.