walking booms

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tulialawncare, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Tulialawncare

Tulialawncare LawnSite Member

Does any one use walking booms? Looking for pros and cons about them. I have done some searches on the web can't find much about them. Looking to buy one. Are they worth it? Any of them better than others if so why is it better. Thanks yall are a very helpful group.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I like my Chemlawn gun. Walking boom is heavy and very difficult to get into narrow areas. Don't plan on applying liquid fertilizer with a walking boom.
    Of course I like to tinker with improvements. I use a 12 inch extension on my Chemlawn gun. Keeps the chemical off your pants and then i can use the white nozzle for less drift. I use 100 pounds pressure at the pump. Get about 2.8 gallons per 1000 sqft. I normally mix fertilizer with my weed killer. Use PG for large lawns.

3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.bugpage.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16243&cat=299&page=1

I know this is propably not what you were wanting, but it may give you some ideas. I used this four nozzle boom with a backpack sprayer on some small areas that I could not access with my ride-on sprayer. It works well for small areas or spraying patches of weeds with a special brew.