Walking w/ a Proslide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KBW, Apr 18, 2003.

1. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Gravely Hydro wb. I am researching for a 'velke/sulky/slide' etc. I have 15 accounts. Most of them I will be walking because of terrain and obstacles, however, a couple lawns are large and walking them is taking too long plus fatigue. I want something that will fold or hang up w/out getting in my way when I'm walking. It seems the one wheel Velke is the smallest and would hang out of the way the best, however, will it clang around and hit my legs when I walking?

Will the Proslide retract enough and stay out of my way when walking?

I want to avoid removing the whole thing every time I'm not using it.

Thanks.......Kevin

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

YES

745resized.jpg

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a one wheel velke, it's out of the way when in the up postion, no problem walking it.
    Crawdad

4. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. John, when the proslide is retracted does it effect your walking stride any? and could you tell me how many inches the back edge of the proslide is from the back of your mower when it is retracted? Thank you. KW

5. John Gamba

from ct

No Problem Walking At All, I Don't Know The Inches(I Have Sold That Mower).
    Happy Easter John

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the only mower I had a problem with was an old honda because it had a bar in back that was used to change height so the slide was a little farther back and would get your shin its on my ex now and walking isnt a problem

7. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Wish I new you were sellin it John!!:D

8. John Gamba

from ct

:(

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a ProSlide and really like it but I have shinned myself a few times on it. The cure was a bungee strap that snaps up the slider when I don't need it. That is a great piece of equipment and I would never consider anything else.

mar03 189.jpg

10. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Thanks again for the info. John, I'm 215-220 lbs. Do you think the Proslide will have any problem pulling me around with the 15hp Kawi. on the 48" Gravely/hydro? It will need to be able to pull me up some inclines (not anything real steep). Finally, did you notice the engine working harder with the Proslide than with other velke type set ups? It seems a two wheel unit would have the least resistance? Thanks........Kevin