Walkways with Pro Landscape 13

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Subseven, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

Alright. We got our new Pro Landscape 13 here. I went through the few simple tutorials they have and I am looking at the manual. The walls and plants seem impressive. :cool2:

I can't find much on walkways, patios, and steps. Is there any techniques that you Pro Landscaper users that work well for walkways and patios?

On a side note...a Pro Landscape Imaging section would be great here...hehehe.

2. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

Draw, pattern (select shape), groundcover, pavers (select paver), start drawing where you would like the walkway. We just purchased it about 3 months ago. It definitely get easier with practice. Well worth the cost. I've sold about 80 percent of the jobs I've presented.

3. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

That's what I do. I think that I'm going to have to do smaller sections rather than one big one probably then.

I believe that once I take some import some objects such as some of our steps and such, and learn to edit (erase) parts of objects using a rectangle and polygon selection tool....I'll be set.

We are also going to add Unilok software and the EP Henry to the arsenal as well. Ordering them Monday I believe. Need something to compare this to.

Also...is there a way to make the objects tile so I can make the pavers appear the right size instead of huge on a big patio or walkway? Maybe something I didn't try besides doing walkway in smaller sections.

Finally, I find the freehand perspective tool buggy at times.

4. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

They do have several different paver options to look at. Some of them already are very small in scale. I'm probably in the same boat as you. I'm still learning quite a bit about, maybe some one will have a better idea.