Wall Blocks....Geomesh..

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Katwalk, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Katwalk

Katwalk LawnSite Member

Asking for quick responses as I am in mid project...Bucilding large Anchor Diamond wall block wall approx 125' long uphill, varying in height from 8' to 4' at the top of the hill. My fault.......I did not have this wall engineered by the manufacturer. Going uphill, we have stepped up the wall as necessary. If the wall was 100' long and 8' high for the entire length of the wall, it would be easy to look at the install guide to see where geomesh should go. How do you use the geomesh if you are going up a hill?? I truly appreciate any feedback on the situation. Thanks Ryan

2. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Using a geo-grid going up hill has special considerations. First, when you excavate your trench you need to do a bench cut. A bench cut is a level cut-out of soil. This will allow you to place your grid back perpendicular to the face of your wall.

As for now, I'd say you have to install the grid in some way. Depending on the load surcharge and the other variables. you may be better off starting over:mad:

Good luck.

Peace,

Rex

Our web site

3. Katwalk

Katwalk LawnSite Member

Rex, Are you around right now?? 6:20 east coast Ryan

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I'm here at 4:41 PST

Peace,

Rex