Wall complete ( lay out problem )

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mike33, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a few pics from the wall we just completed that i had posted earlier with a lay out problem. 115' x 4' , my guys are installing shrubbery home owner had designed.
    Mike

pr1.JPG

pr2.JPG

pr3.JPG

2. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Job!

How's that Alan Block treating you? (hehehe)...

3. Mike33

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, I take it you dont like ab?
    Mike

4. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

It's alright. Our producer has recently changed their mold, so the quality of the block is a little better than in the past. Lots of crumbs to clean off each layer.

5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I personally don't like how the caps sit back on the wall. I like them to overhang with a lip. Looks good though.

6. Mike33

Yea, thats a good point about the overhang of the cap. Im actualy going to use versa-lok for my new house the steps coming out of basement. I only need about 4-5 steps and liked how i could sit the cap where i wanted especially for the tread.
    Mike

7. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

I hate the AB corners. And then you spend more time chiseling away the excess from the molding for a proper fit.

8. Mike33

I agree there corners suck. I actually told my manu. they need to hire an uneducated idiot to design a corner that works.
    Mike

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Now thats a wall you make $$$ on!! I been doing a couple techo quarry stone walls lately. With the 4in, 8in and vertical peices, production goes way down!.

10. Mike33

My god yes production would have a reverse speed than i agree. I excavted this job including footer in less than a day. Dug the bank back fair amount about 100 ton. After we got the homeowner approval we built the wall in 2 days than spent little better than 1/2 day capping. I just started 1 today 110' x 8' than i have a 150' x 6' than a few small ones. Keep me busy thru august.
    The wall i just did was nice as far as grade no stepping. Oh yea, this wall gets a pool in front of it and concrete up to the wall, when it is complete i will go back in 6 weeks and build another wall 50'x 8' on the lower section of property.
    Mike