Wall Drainage

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by P.L., Sep 16, 2007.

1. P.L.

P.L. LawnSite Member
    from USA

I know that srws need a drain pipe installed behind them at usually behind the first course. My question is where is the drain suppose to end up in a wall with corners and no real place for an outlet? I know when building stone walls I put weep tubes right out the front, but I never see this done on srws. If the low point of the wall is a corner where do you drain the water?

2. Picture Perfect Pavers

Picture Perfect Pavers LawnSite Member

Water runs down hill. Do you have a choice? They make rectangular and or oval drain covers, descent looking covers you can buy them at Home Depot.

3. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

You need to drain it through the face of the wall. Depending on the size of the wall 25' to 50 foot spacing. Just notch the block for your pipe.

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

All of them are different and may recquire something different. Many times say a wall turns back in to a bank a few feet before the turn i will run the pipe under the wall if i have a place to drain to. The last couple of walls i have done i used this method because i was able to dig out to where i had a place to drain it. This is 1 of many ways.
    mike

5. AJ Lawnscapes

AJ Lawnscapes LawnSite Senior Member

You could do a dry well, run the surface and bottom(if necessary) courses with drain pipe to a 4x4x4 hole that is half filled with aggregate and back filled. No erosion and the water isn't where you don't want it to be.