Wall Project

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Mar 7, 2012.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

The block being used will be........WHAT ELSE!..........Cornerstone!!!

NO pins and NO LIPS!!! You hear that Jim Lewis - NO LIPS!! :)

Can't get any simplier than that! I like SIMPLE!

block delivery.jpg
  2. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Please post pics of the stair building process.

I've never built a star run that long on that much of a grade. Would love to see your process
  3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Oh! We're building steps but we're not replacing the wooden steps going down that slope to the lake. I thought you meant different steps!
  4. eastcoastjessee

eastcoastjessee LawnSite Member

Is there a ski resort close to this job?
  5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

aren't cornerstone block the "T" shaped ones? and gravel fill the cores? Like the Tachies!
  6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Dvs you need a 150 size excavator. I have no clue how you and others do large jobs without a big machine. I save so much time by having a 22' reach.
  7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

No one's jumped in yet to criticize the install methods? Yawn. Where's the drama?
  8. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

DVS do you order your products straight from the manufacture or from your local supplier? Just wondered if there would be a huge price saving by going over the supplier.
  9. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

MJK, unless its totally different than my area, you have no choice but to get it from the local supplier.. Just like I tried calling Mr. Coca-cola last week, but he told me to go to Shoprite... bastard
  10. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

There is a Unilock plant here. The prices vary little from the distributors and the distributor usually has better stock.

Unless you're ordering quantities like the distributor you can't get cheaper pricing. They're not going to put their distributor out of business by selling product cheaper than them.